Monday, June 09, 2008

Penganan Semut and Penganan Cuan

I spend my childhood with a bunch of Iban natives. I communicate with them in Iban dialects, played with them by the river side, muddy field, climbed trees to pluck fruits and a lot more. Some of them said I am just like one of them so called "Orang Iban".The thing that I like the most is to celebrate Harvest Festival (Hari Gawai)with them. It's just like celebrating Chinese New Year and Hari Raya. During Hari Gawai, I spend the whole festival with my Iban's friends in long house and got to eat lots and lots of food!
One of my assistant vet is an Iban. He brought some food for us when he got back from Sarawak after Hari Gawai 2 weeks ago. I cant help myself to take photos of the traditional biscuits(Penganan Semut and Penganan Cuan) that he brought for us. It reminds me on my childhood days. I missed those days. I would like to go back there again when I got the chance.



This is Penganan Semut

This is Penganan Cuan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyah jc, now i know you like this cookie. next time i'll pos laju it to you from home.

Jessie said...

pos laju?? habisla biskut saya...jadi habuk :)