Friday, June 06, 2008

I dont know

I met a few pet owners these 2 days whom they dont know anything about their pets. Yet, they brought their pets to see vet and expect the vet knows every single thing about their pets without asking them the pet's medical history and etc. They think we are God and not suppose to ask so many questions. Below is one of the conversation that I have with a pet owner.

(V=vet, O=pet owner)
V: "Hi Sir, what's wrong with your dog?"
O: "YOU CHECK LA!!YOU ARE VET MAH!! I also dont know what's wrong. I think it's skin problem."
V:"When did you notice the skin condition? Is it itchy?"
O: "Errmm...I think these 2 days. Itchy ah...err..I am not sure."
V: "Who is the one taking care of your dog?"
O: "My maid"
V: "Can you call your maid and ask her?"
O: "Oh, actually I take care of my dog also, but I dont see him scratching."

I stopped asking him anymore question as I know that he doesnt know anything about his pet.
After did some skin check, I found out that the dog has got mange(skin parasite infestation). Mange can cause severe itchiness of the skin. The bad skin condition doesn't appear in 2 days.
For godsake, you tell me that your dog is not itchy!!! This pet owner is what we called irresponsible pet owner. Come on, please dont keep a pet just because you think the pet looks cute and adorable. Keeping a pet is about commitment and responsibility. Think twice before you want to keep a pet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haiyoh.
how to not be angry, i ask you? cannot help but to lost our cool. so rude to us. if it's my clinic, i'll ask him/her to get lost. too bad are just ku li.

Jessie said...

ya la..wat to do? customer is always right mah