Sunday, July 10, 2005

Something to share

I have been working in Segar Pets Centre and Veterinary Services for almost a week from 9am till 9pm everyday and get a day off on Monday. Though the working hour is pretty long I really enjoy working in that clinic. Heaps of stuffs to learn and practice. I am very fortunate to have so many seniors vets which are very helpful and willing to teach me. The assistant vets are nice as well and have so much fun with them. I have seen quite a few surgeries that I have never seen before such as digits amputation and contructing broken hard palate. That was all very interesting.

I was asked to euthanize a poor stray dog last week. She was being adopted by two kind hearted old couples after they found the dog lying at the road side. She was suspected to be hit by a car few days ago and presented to us with two huge open fracture necrotized wound on right front limb and right hind limb. She was unable to use those both limbs to walk. The two old couples were in dilemma whether want to save the legs or put the dog to sleep. That was a pretty hard decision to make for those who love animals. Finally, they decided to put the dog to sleep after considering the long term management and financial constraint. The wife was pretty upset and and grieved for the lost. Frankly speaking, I was sad also at that time and nearly weep as well. I walked away and tried to control my feelings. Anyway, there are heaps to learn on how to deal with client's grief and their lost.

No comments: