Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My first case

An 11 year old intact female pekingnese named Peeky was presented to the clinic this evening. I took the chance to consult this case. Peeky is pretty dehyrated, dull and depressed during the presentation.She has got really bad ulcer on her tongue as well as halithosis. She is losing weight for the pass 2 weeks. The first thing came into my mind was the dog might be having chronic renal failure. Complete blood test and serum biochemistry were done. However, the biochemistry results are not really supportive with my diagnosis at the point of presentation. BUN was high but creatinine was within the normal range. The blood total protein was high with albumin and globulin both increased. I have to reevaluate this case again tomorrow and ask for second opinion.Peeky is on drip now.
That's my first case after working for 2 weeks in that clinic. I was pretty nervous at first and kinda blur of what I should do and so on. So much more to learn man! confidence, knowledge, clients relationship and so on....

No comments: