Saturday, October 08, 2005

Poor cat!

I just got back from work. It's a long day for me as I worked for 12 hours today in the clinic. I had my last case with a cat that hit by car 2 hours ago. The cat was found by a good samaritan. He brought the cat to the clinic right after the accident. The cat is basically in recumbent state, with bleeding from the oral cavity and dehydrated as well. I suggested to the samaritan to put the cat on drip first then only take x-ray tomorrow morning if it is stablized. He doesnt want to hospitalise the cat or do any x-ray but want to treat as outpatient first simply due to financial constraint. Poor cat! Not sure whether the cat will survive or not until tomorrow. I am really concern about the internal bleeding. Anyway, I tried my best to support the cat by giving long acting penicillin, Vit K and terbutaline.
I have met many owners that willing to help their animals(sometimes stray dogs or their own pets) but money always a matter to stop them from treating the animals.

No comments: